Monday, July 30, 2012

Fairies Live Here

In an attempt to try something new at my craft desk and in the garden, I recently sculpted a few little accessories with a magical end result in mind...

Faerie Gardens

I put together two fairy gardens!  This is a project I've been pondering for a while now.  Fairy gardening is defined as any space featuring flowers, herbs, shrubs, miniature furniture or facilities to make fairies feel welcome.  I'll give you a tour of these little potted wonderlands.


The first fairy garden contains a house made of twig walls and a hand-sculpted mushroom roof.  A sign on the entrance announces to fairies, frogs, gnomes, ladybugs, snails, and all other tiny visitors that they are welcome here.  A tiny pool offers a drink of water or a quick bath.


The second fairy garden features an acorn house, two tiny mushrooms, a few pebbles to perch on, and a set of glow-in-the-dark string lights to illuminate this pixie party spot.  As you can see, I got carried away in this little endeavor.  It was fun for me because I adore anything that makes me feel like a care-free little girl again, and these gardens had me wondering, if only for a brief moment, whether it might be possible for fairies to hang out in places like these when nobody was looking...

What gets your imagination going?

6 comments:

Pili said...

Those are so cute and magical! You're always so creative! I love them :)

JustMe said...

I LOVE fairy gardens. :)

I once knew a girl who actually believed in them, which made me back away from her very, very slowly...but building a cute garden in their honor and seriously believing they existed are two different things.

You way is much less weird.

Lynette Banks said...

Holly. These are adorable....just like you!

DancingMooney ♥ said...

I've always loved your little mushrooms but I ADORE that string of star lights, sooo sweet. You know I love stars right?! :D

Bonnie said...

My imagination is sparked when I am multitasking with repetitive tasks. That sounds weird, I know. My brain is constantly working, though.

http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
Twitter: @GlamKitten88

La Alicia said...

so cute! :)