Saturday, February 2, 2013

Racy Red

As you may know, I'm a huge fan of color. I've been doing a bit of a color study on my blog, highlighting a specific color and its meaning with a set of photos to demonstrate its beauty.  Although I plan to eventually make my way through the entire spectrum, I chose to focus on red next because it's one of my favorites and February seems like an appropriate month.  Red is my husband's favorite color, and I like to wear red clothing so I can watch him fall prey to the sexy spell I cast on him.  Throughout the ages, red lips and blushed cheeks were seen as a sign of fertility and many women have learned to manipulate their looks using this color to attract mates.  Red is the color of passion, anger, heat, and sex appeal.  Here's a photographic journey into this spicy color.

(Click photos to be directed to source)

Under A Blood Red Sky

summer evening in Visby


Red Beach

Singapore Red House


How does this intense color make you feel?


Wasted Wishes said...

Wonderful collection of photos! Red makes me feel energetic and sultry. Love it!

alexkeller said...

looking at the photos i felt a little anxious!
and any time you want to come to AZ for the gem show, let me know :)

Fabrizia said...

YThese red pictures are so inspiring!!! Happy Monday dear!
Come back soon to visit me on Cosa Mi Metto???
Win $80 gift card on Chicwish!!

Katie Frank said...

oh my, i love this colour <3

Lucia♥ said...

Hey, i really like your blog and your pictures.
it´s such a cute design :)

you want to follow each other via gfc and bloglovin ?

i would be very happy:)

lovely greetings, lucia

OliveStreetStudio said...

White red isn't one of my favorite colors, I do love it too! The tree picture is my favorite....