Sunday, March 22, 2009

Swap-O-Rama-Rama came to Tulsa!

Thanks to one of the most motivated crafty people I know, Christine, Tulsa got to experience the fantastic event known as Swap-O-Rama-Rama. If you've never heard of this international phenomena, you can find out more right here. It was so much fun, I was amazed to see how many talented people came out! Here are some photos of the event which were taken by my friend Justin, who happens to be a magnificent photographer.









My friend Tara, who runs My Little Gnomies, was kind enough to make something for me! Which is very cool of her, considering I'm not much of a sewer myself. She took a long-sleeved shirt and made it into a little cropped vest. She even used the cuff from the shirt sleeve to embellish the back of the vest. I was incredibly happy with the end result, this girl ROCKS!





So not only did I get an awesome time out of the deal, I also got to take home a really cute reconstructed shirt. I'm calling that a success!

6 comments:

Brigid said...

It looks super-cute on you, too, madame!

Stela said...

It is super cute on you!!
I wish so badly I could have gone :(

Rheea said...

Nice top! It would be interesting to see the original top, the 'before' and 'after'.

Glad you had fun! :D

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Hello Hollyrocks!

Thanks for visiting my blog. To answer your question, I teach English grades 7 - 12. But I do have a lot of knowledge about elementary since our school is very small and my kids are currently in both elementary and high school. I would love to answer any questions you have and lead you any resources you need including some of the fabulous teachers in our district. I really appreciate what you said about getting the A but now knowing how to apply the knowledge. That is exactly how I felt and now I am working to change things for my students. I can always use a colleague in this!!!!!

Danielle

Heather said...

How cute! Loce the vest. It was nice to see you there! See you soon at Deluxe :D

Rheea said...

Hello again! Thanks for the compliment in my blog.

Interestingly, you were not the first person who commented on my photography skill. haha. My friend and I were joking about it the other time. We were saying if I start selling photos online and they ended up doing better than my notebooks, I can probably close down my notebooks store and sell photos instead. :p

Who knows, I might consider that option if more people come to me and ask me if those photos are for sale. lol.