Sunday, April 26, 2009

Good morning, Sunshine!!


I don't know what has gotten into me, but good gosh golly I am just so happy today. I'm pretty sure it's because I've been getting more sun lately. It's been warming up outside, and there are all sorts of things coming to life. I found a patch of wildflowers (I believe they're Carolina Anemones) growing from a dirt pile at my dad's house. They were so gorgeous with the morning sunlight raining down on them.




This one is just about to open up and show it's beautiful face to the world.


I even have some sunshine-inspired earrings in my shop. They are made from some of the most warm, sparkly beads I have ever seen. They look like little drops of sunshine, and they're vintage glass!


Now in the spirit of this bright, happy mood I've been in, I want to ask something of you. If you are reading this, take a moment to say something nice about yourself and leave it here as a comment. Seriously, do it! It will feel good to acknowledge one of your strengths or talents, and you won't have to feel like you're being boastful because I'm specifically asking you. Now let's hear it, I want to know AT LEAST one thing you like about yourself! ♥ ♥

8 comments:

Brigid said...

Those are neat photos, Holly. The second one would look really cool with some crazy color effects.

As for something nice about myself, I have great boobs! ;)

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Hey Holly, I don't think they are daisies. I could be wrong but they look more like May Apples or _____, I can't remember. They are beautiful and I love to walk around the countryside looking for wild flowers too. You're a very good photographer. Bet you could incorporate that into a pendant. Love the beautiful weather here in the mtns. of Va. too. What's nice about me? Most people think I'm pretty funny.

Heather said...

Arent you the sweetest? Hope your happy weekend led to a happy monday! I'll see you soon!!~

Stela said...

Yay for sunshine!!
Today was kinda crummy though :(
Your earrings are darling!

Something nice about me...I like my passion for things. I'm thankful to have something to be passionate about

Holly said...

Brigid- I lol'd!

Sue- You know what's funny? I couldn't quit wondering what the name of the flower was. So I kept searching until I found it. I'm pretty sure it's a Carolina Anemone. Here's a pic:
http://www.biosurvey.ou.edu/okwild/ca.html

Heather- that reminds me, I need to keep making things!

Estela- I have noticed that about you, and I think it's awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm not quite feeling up to answering this today, but I'm going to make a note of it, and do a blog post soon.

I love your photos too by the way, so spring like! :)

Renee said...

Now in order for this to work we have to hear something lovely about you, too! :) I like my ability to get things done.. When there's a task I work quick! :)

Love the photos you took! Those are so great. I'm so happy things are starting to grow, too!

Rheea said...

Can we only say ONE good thing about ourselves? lol. Well, I am a compassionate person. :)

Now, one good thing I like about you - Your VERY positive energy!

Good day Holly :D

Rheea