Tuesday, October 20, 2009

More cupcakes and my halloween decor.

This weekend, I sent off a package full of cupcakey goodness to The Felt Bird (aka the coolest shop ever). After visiting this store on the night of it's grand opening in September, I can tell you that it's a fun reflection of its owners, Estela and Riley. There are so many neat items that will either make you laugh, make you smile, make you say "Hmmmm..", or a combination of all three. So I am totally honored to have my cupcakes carried there. AND this is my second batch to send. Thank you to all The Felt Bird's customers for showing them so much love! ♥ ♥





I sold all of the cupcake pendants I had at Indie Emporium. Plus I'm crazy busy with school right now (which is why I'm blogging?..) and I probably won't be listing any in my etsy shop anytime too soon. Which means that at this point in time, my sprinkled cupcake necklaces are available exclusively at The Felt Bird!

Now, onto the Halloween stuff! I told you a few posts ago that I was getting into the fall spirit, so I thought I would show you what kind of decorations I've got up at the moment. It's nothing much, because my space is very limited and I don't want to overdo it.

My kitchen counter now looks a little more spooky.



A pie pumpkin that we purchased in hopes of actually using for a pie is making our table a bit more festive until we get around to taking on the task of making our fist real pumpkin pie.



And my favorite- the battery operated, light-up paper lantern. It's purple with bats! The ferocious creature in the lower part of the picture is a year-round decoration in this home.



I think I'm going to be a unicorn for Halloween with the help of this tie-on instant unicorn costume I made. Here's a picture that my friend Justin took of me wearing it at Indie Emporium. I didn't have the courage to wear it all weekend.



I don't dress up very often now that I'm an adult (or at least I try to be) unless it's for a costume party or something of the sort. Instead, I'll just wear Halloween colors or maybe dress a little more "goth" than I typically do. But this is a subtle costume, and I think I'll wear it to my little third grade classroom on the Friday right before Halloween. I've noticed that 9-year-old kids tend to appreciate my sense of humor. Do you dress up for Halloween? If so, what will you be this year?

20 comments:

apparentlyjessy said...

Gah! I love your cupcake pendants, I think they are looking better and better, I really like the colours you used in this batch.
I think the unicorn costume idea is awesome, you must take pictures!

Audrey said...

I love the moon thingy that's hanging on your wall by the purple lantern!

I have an award for you, please come to my blog to get it!

Rose said...

ooo cute cupcake pendants! I can see why they were so popular.
I have to buy some halloween decorations, i have none :(
How cute that little unicorn horn is hehe. I dont usually dress up for halloween, but last year I went to a costume party as a bunny :)

Rose

Wasted Wishes said...

I always dress up for halloween, and I think I always will! This year I'm being the White Rabbit from Alice.

I love the unicorn costume. ;)

Briana Shepley said...

I'm totally going to wear a white sheet with holes cut out :) Spooky!

JUST ME said...

LOVE THAT HORN.

I'm going to be bubblegum. Slutty bubblegum.

Oh yes.

alexkeller said...

we have a 3 year old, and we're actually going to a party this year. so i'll be a witch - cape, hat, wand, witchy shoes...I'm going for Harry Potter but not Wizard of Oz green witch

Pili said...

The purple lantern is awesome!

Congrats on the cupcake sales, they're so cute!!!

I want to dress up for Halloween, but I have no idea what?

cabin + cub said...

We are slowly decorating our place for Halloween too!
I have never tried to make a pumpkin pie before... can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Christie Cottage said...

Cute cupcake pendants and I LOVE your unicorn costume! :-)


http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Ink Obsession Designs said...

OMG! I love the cupcakes!! SO cute!!

lollywood said...

Haha, I love that little unicorn horn! So cute! Our library goes all out for Halloween and everyone has been asked to wear costumes to work on the Friday before Halloween.. lol.. so I'm being a zombie Hello Kitty! I'll definitely post pics!! :)

paper lotus said...

those pendants look delish! i'm going to dress up as a banker for halloween...

Anonymous said...

Yay for Halloween decor! I was going to dress up, but I'm probably not now because I didn't order a few key things in time. I will find something fun to do though! Enjoy : )

une petite said...

cupcakes pendants are sooooooo cute !!

happy halloween by the way !!!

Brian Burke said...

Your work is great, I haven't seen anything quite like it since seeing an artist make FIMO creations in Germany, years ago.

My favorite is the cake in slices, bet you're good at making desserts.

Outlaws and Gypsies said...

I LOVE your cupcake pendants. Theyre so cute!
The unicorn costume sounds awesome and is totally you. Bright colors, happiness and little bit of glitter. haha.
This year I'm going to honor my childhood friend Freddy Krueger. The horror movie characters were my imaginary friends. Garretts going to be Jason Vorhez. We plan on running around and hitting each other with fake weapons throughout the night... Freddy vs. Jason haha.

devonrose said...

lol! OMG! what a cute teeny tiny little horn!

Rheea said...

Make more unicorn hats, Holly, it look so cute on you! We don't really celebrate Halloween here (sad tone) but I would love to dress up as a vampire~! I guess you'd understand why since you're an obsessive Twilight fan as well. Or a gothic Angel? I've never done gothic style before.. it will be interesting to see 'what' I turn out like. Ohh.. Now you make me want to have a halloween party!!

Anonymous said...

It agree, your idea simply excellent