Monday, February 15, 2010

Wedding Photos (part 2)

Hello, readers! When I posted the pictures from my wedding, I promised to include photos from the rest of the trip in a future post. Remember? Well now, we're in the future (weird!), and I always keep my promises. So today, I've got some pictures to show you. We'll start at the beginning.

Here we are leaving town. This is one of the last photos we took together before we were married. Is it just me, or does my almost-husband look slightly terrified in this picture? Poor guy, he had no idea what he was getting himself into.



Due to a heavy snowstorm which took place over the holidays, we had to drive very carefully.



We arrived in one piece, and our little treehouse was waiting patiently in the snow for us to come live in it for a week.



It was so nice and cozy inside.



The view from the balcony on the back of the treehouse was lovely. We could see miles and miles of snowy forest.





Even the walkway between the treehouses was a sight. I felt a little bit like an Ewok, which was incredibly cool in my opinion. I've always wondered what it would be like to be an Ewok.



The day of our wedding was very relaxed. All we had to do was stop by the courthouse to pick up a marriage license.



If you enjoy old-timey architecture, Eureka Springs would be right up your alley. Here are some photos I took while we were out and about in this charming little town.











I just LOVED the Victorian houses. They were so ornate and magical- I could have pictured myself living very happily in any one of them.









I took this photo on the top floor of a hotel that is supposedly haunted. But in my experience, there was a complete lack of sightings, chilly breezes, or otherwise creepy feelings. The ghosts must have heard that I'm one tough chick, so they decided not to mess with me. Can you blame them?



Since we took our trip right after Christmas, the main street area was all lit-up at night.







This community is very supportive of the artists and crafters who live there. Many of the shops sell handmade goods of some sort, and you will even find the work of local artists along the city walls.





On the last day of our trip, we decided to tour a nearby cave. We're both very interested in rocks and minerals. But if you have witnessed my obsession with fossils, you already knew that.





How could we NOT be fascinated by the amazing formations hanging underneath the ground like natural chandeliers?



And finally, here are a bunch of pictures of us! Since it was just he and I on this trip, we used the good old fashioned "holding the camera in front of our faces and hoping that we both make it into the shot" method (as well as the self-timer). We didn't mind though. We were just glad to be spending time together.











Looking back, I truly believe we chose the perfect way to get married. We went back and forth on the idea of eloping, and I'm just so glad that we ended up going that route. It was a marvelous experience, very enchanting and mellow at the same time. And the best part is how close Eureka Springs is to where we live. I'm sure we will go back very soon, and we could even stay in the same treehouse!



If I had to choose one thing about Eureka Springs that I'd like to wrap up in tissue paper and bring home with me, it would have to be the balcony on our treehouse- complete with the view surrounding it, of course. Maaaaaan I loved that balcony.


22 comments:

babalisme said...

Holllyyyy!!! congrats!!! How long have I gone from bloggy land for not knowing this!! Oh I'm sooo happy for you! Look at you glowing, sweet!

megan said...

How pretty! I've never been there before, but it looks like a cute little place.

Tuppence said...

Congrats! Love the location. I admit it's a bit cheesy to say this, but it looks like one of those towns out of the western movies. Such charm!

Christie Cottage said...

So glad to see your post today! I missed seeing your blog in my reader window :-)


Great pictures. I really want to head to Eureka Springs one weekend and just chill and window shop!


These are wonderful pictures!

Have a wonderful day!



http://christiecottage.blogspot.com/2010/02/two-for-tuesday.html

Stay Tuned said...

you and your husband are completely adorable. I enjoyed your pictures very much, I went back and looked at your first batch as well!! Thanks for your note on my blog, i really appreciate it and nice to hear from you! You are a busy girl, congrats on everything you are doing! ..and i think your husband is SO lucky to have a wonderful girl like you. You Rock! :D laura

Robin Thomas said...

You guys look so happy. Enjoy this time. It is so special. Big hug ya'll, you are such dolls.

Rheea said...

I love the town and I've always adore old architectures. Hmm.. Now eloping sounds romantic, I'm considering that option too. hee. Thanks for these briilliant photos, sweet. I can't wait to see pics of your new home!

ps: I hope you'd enjoyed the book you bought after reading my post? :D

Rheea

kiddomerriweather said...

You are too cute together! The pictures are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Eureka Springs looks like the perfect place to visit, oh how sweet! And I am so happy and proud of you for choosing to elope. It's not for everyone, but it's sometimes the perfect choice. My hubby and I eloped and I wouldn't have traded that day for anything. ♥

Welcome back miss. Looking forward to seeing pics of your new house soon, and hope your teaching is going well this spring, yay!

♥ Janell

Jennifer Juniper said...

I loved looking at the pics, I really felt like I was there! I'm sure married life is working out to be just as great as the weeks pass :)

JUST ME said...

How ADORABLE ARE YOU TWO??!

And that treehouse!!!!

Audrey said...

Amazing photos!! You guys are sooooo cute :)
Got the bookmark and magnet! Thanks so much - they are amazing!! Can never have too many magnets on the fridge :)

Pili said...

Once again Holly, BIG CONGRATS!!
You and the hubby look really happy! And I'm really glad to hear that eloping was exactly what you guys wanted to do!
Eureka Springs does look like a most charming location!
Thanks for sharing the pics with us!

Heather said...

I'm so happy that you guys had such a magical time there! What lovely photos and you look so happy. I am also pleased to hear that you've fallen so in love with a town that is so near and dear to my heart. I always feel like that place just fills me up and inspires me each time I go. And I've had some interesting experiences at the Crescent...bwahaha...

devonrose said...

Aww! What a great little town, I love places like that with lots of characture and charm:) You two look SO CUTE together...your child will be a BEAUTY!

Renee said...

This is very awesome! I'm so happy for the both of you! Hope all is going well :)

I BLEED PINK said...

How did I miss this...how exciting that you got married. You guys are such a cute couple!!!!

Brian Burke said...

Loved the crib and architecture! Can't wait to see your new place!

Melissa said...

Congrats!! Gorgeous pictures; glad you had a great time!

OliveStreetStudio said...

oh my gosh...looks like you chose a fabulous place for a honeymoon. Makes me want to take a trip out there and enjoy the quaintness. Thanks for sharing!

OH- I posted a giveaway on my blog today - for my 100th post. Pls check it out if you have time!!

Angela said...

Holly you are so gorgeous...love reading through your pretty blog! I, like you, am a Tulsa girl (now in Edmond) who ran off to Eureka to get married (15 yrs ago). Love that beautiful area!

Annita Rackley said...

I've been to Eureka Springs many times. It's an awesome, artsy place for awesome, artsy people. I could enjoy spending a lot of time there. We live near Mountain View, Arkansas now on the White River. Mt. View is much more quaint that Eureka Springs, but has that same ancient world air and lots of artists and old hippies. We love it here. I really enjoyed seeing your wedding pictures. Thanks for posting them to see.